Porsche Experience Privacy Notice
We appreciate you putting your trust in us concerning your personal data.
In this Privacy Notice, when we refer to "we", "our", "us" or "
When, why and how do we process the personal data about you?
We process your personal data for various reasons, such as administering your
Your personal data is collected in the following ways.
- When you book a driving experience, a
PorscheHospitality Package, a Porschemeeting room, a group event or a human performance assessment with us over the phone or via email;
- When you complete a vehicle loan form;
- When you register an online account and book a
- When you make a payment for the product or services you purchased in the
PorscheExperience Centre offline and online;
- When you complete the Conditions of Participation Form;
- When you complete a cancellation form;
- When you enter our premises monitored by our CCTV.
- When other people enter your detail as a guest in the online booking form or share your detail with us via the phone/email booking;
- When you enter an event or a competition (such as Simulator Competition).
The personal data includes the following:
- Your contact detail and your signature, such as your full name, contact number, email address and postal address;
- Your driving experience detail, such as the date of your booking, number of attendants, alongside whether they are children, young adults or adults;
- Your voice recording, video footage and/or image. Our calls are recorded for quality and security purposes, and we have CCTV cameras in our premises for the purposes of public safety, asset protection, and the prevention and detection of crime;
- Your payment card details, such as card type, card number and registered address, issue/expiry date, payment amount etc;
- Your marketing references. If you opt in to receive our marketing communications, you will receive offers about our products and services;
- Other personal data, such as your rank and scores if you attend a Competition, your photos/images and audio/video footages captured during an event or competition.
We also process some health data which are special categories of personal data.
- When you sign Conditions of Participation Form, your health status (e.g. you have good eyesight, no drug and alcohol influence or disability that could affect your driving) is recorded to confirm that you are fit to drive our vehicle;
- When you book
PorscheHuman Performance Assessment, your health data is recorded and retained (such as heart rate, breath gas analysis, weight, height, stress ECG etc) to produce the assessment report to you.
- If any data provided by you in the dietary request reveals the health condition about you or your family and friends, such data will be used to provide the catering service only.
We carry a visual check of your driving licence detail to verify your age and your address, whether you hold a valid UK driving licence or equivalent.
What are our legal bases for processing your personal data?
We need to have lawful reasons to process your personal data.
It is our legitimate interest to process the personal data about you, we consider that this processing is not disproportionate, and the impact to your rights and freedom are well balanced. For example,
- To check your driving licence to fulfil our obligation under insurance policy;
- To process the audio information for quality/security reason;
- To process your CCTV footage/image for safety, asset protection, and the prevention and detection of crime purposes;
- To share the personal data with the Competent Authorities, such as the Police to assist their work or investigation.
Performance of contract
We need to process your personal data to deliver the Driving Experience you have purchased from us. Where applicable, we need to share your personal data with the insurance company to make a claim in line with the insurance contract (to which you are a party) terms.
We will seek your consent for processing your personal data where appropriate and you will be told if this happens. We only send you marketing communications if you give us consent to do so, and you can withdraw your consent (opt out) anytime by using unsubscribe link in the email we send.
Protection of the vital interest
We need to share your personal data with medical provider/NHS to protect your vital interest under emergency.
We process the health data about you when you sign the Conditions of Participant Form or Human Performance Assessment Form. If you provide health data in the dietary request, we make sure that we only use such information for catering purpose.
Substantial public interest
We will share CCTV footages with the Police when it is necessary for preventing or detecting an unlawful act; or to assist competent authority to investigate an offence committed in our premises.
How long do we retain the personal data?
We will not retain the personal data longer than necessary.
- Your account data and booking history will be deleted if it is inactive for 3 years.
- Your payment card detail and the purchase invoice will be retained for 7 years to fulfil our legal obligation for tax purposes.
- The Loan Form will be kept for 2 years.
- The Conditions of Participation Form will be retained for 2 years.
- The Human Performance Form is retained for 5 years for race medical services purpose.
- Your dietary information will be deleted 6 months after you have attended the event/experience.
- Your personal data collected for an event or a competition will be deleted once the event/competition is fully administered.
- Your personal data (such as name, images/photos, audio/video footages) appeared on our website and /or social media channels will be removed once the campaign or event is fulfilled. Please be aware that information posted on internet will be made available worldwide.
Where will the personal data be stored?
The personal data will be stored in the United Kingdom and European Economic Area ("EEA"). Where your personal data is processed and transferred outside the United Kingdom, we make sure that we have appropriate transfer tool in place to legitimize the data transfer.
Sharing the personal data
The personal data will be shared with our approved data processors who will only be authorised to use the personal data under our strict instructions to deliver the services to you. These processors include the marketing service provider, web management suppliers, event or competition provider/organizer, human assessment provider and the payment service provider.
Your rights under data protection law
You can request a copy of your personal data we hold about you or ask your personal data to be deleted (in line with our deletion process). Where applicable, you can withdraw your consent at any time. For information about how
How to contact us?
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, or you wish to contact our DPO please use below detail.
Data Protection Officer