• Top model in the Panamera range combines uprated 550 hp twin-turbo V8 with optimised chassis dynamics delivering outstanding performance and agility
• Demonstration of Porsche Intelligent Performance; 0-62mph in 3.8 seconds, 191 mph top speed, with fuel economy identical to standard Panamera Turbo
• Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control and Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus fitted as standard
• On sale in June, priced from £122,623
With the new Panamera Turbo S, Porsche is raising the bar for sporting four-door luxury cars. The new addition to the Gran Turismo range offers a unique combination of performance and efficiency, driving dynamics and comfort. The 4.8-litre, V8 twin-turbocharged engine delivers 550 hp (410 kW), an increase of ten per cent or 50 hp (37 kW) more than the Panamera Turbo. Torque also increases from 700 to 750 Nm and in the “Sport” and “Sport Plus” mode of the standard Sport Chrono Package Turbo - and during kick-down in normal mode - the eight cylinder engine delivers 800 Nm courtesy of the over-boost function.
This uprated engine delivers record sprint times for the new top of the range Panamera. When using the Launch Control function, 0-62 mph is reached in 3.8 seconds, with a top speed of 191 mph possible. However, despite the increased performance, fuel consumption of the Panamera Turbo S remains at the moderate level of the Panamera Turbo at 24.6mpg Combined on the NEDC– an example of Porsche Intelligent Performance.
The increased performance compared with the Panamera Turbo can be attributed to two main enhancements. Improved turbochargers with titanium-aluminium turbine wheels and modified engine control management. The use of the innovative titanium-aluminium alloy reduces the weight of the turbine and compressor wheel. This results in a lower moment of inertia, and thus improved and more responsive acceleration.
The Porsche Panamera Turbo S boasts a comprehensive equipment level. In keeping with the sporting concept of this particularly high-performance Panamera, the Turbo S features several key driving dynamics control systems as standard. For example, Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC), an active roll stabilisation system, boosts cornering stability and thus enhances both driving dynamics and comfort in equal measure. Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus) applies a variable torque split to the rear wheels which, in combination with an electronically controlled rear limited slip differential, ensures superior traction and therefore greater agility in every driving situation. The Sport Chrono Package Turbo, which tunes the suspension settings and engine controls, makes the car even more sporting when the additional “Sport Plus” button is pressed. Completing the dynamic enhancements is a sports exhaust system that delivers a particularly emotive engine sound.
The distinct character of the new Panamera Turbo S is apparent not just in its performance, but is also reflected on the exterior. The 20-inch Turbo II alloy wheels with increased rear axle track width, side skirts from the Porsche Exclusive range and the adaptive extending four-way rear spoiler co-ordinated in the exterior colour fitted as standard contribute to an appropriately performance-oriented appearance. The fusion of exclusivity and sportiness is conveyed inside by the standard two-colour leather upholstery. Two new optional combinations of black/cream and agate grey/cream are offered exclusively for the new Panamera Turbo S and will be available from the autumn.
The Panamera Turbo S goes on sale in June and is priced from £122,623. Fitted to every Panamera Turbo S is a Porsche Vehicle Tracking System (VTS), a sophisticated vehicle security package approved to Thatcham Category 5 standard, and customers will also be able to explore the potential of their new car by participating in a complimentary course at the Porsche Experience Centre, Silverstone.
© 2014 Porsche Cars Great Britain Ltd. Legal notice.
* The latest Porsche models are designed to operate on fuels with an ethanol content of up to 10%. Data determined for standard specification and in the NEDC (New European Driving Cycle) in accordance with the Euro 5 (715/2007/EC and 692/2008/EC) measurement method. The figures do not refer to an individual vehicle nor do they constitute part of the offer. They are intended solely as a means of comparing different types of vehicle. You can obtain further information about individual vehicles from your Porsche Centre.
Consumption figures were obtained on the basis of standard equipment. Special equipment may affect consumption and performance.