Important Notice: We have updated our Privacy Notice to provide additional details regarding certain new rights provided under California law for consumers in California. For information about what has changed, please contact us as described in the Contact Us section below.
Porsche Motorsports North America, Inc. Privacy Notice
This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes the information that
This Privacy Notice applies to information collected about you by or on behalf of PMNA as set forth in the below “Information We Collect” section, including through the websites, mobile applications, and online services or programs where this Privacy Notice is posted or linked (our “Online Services”). This Privacy Notice does not apply to any of our affiliates, other
As used in this Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies or can reasonably be linked to a specific individual, such as name, address, e-mail address, phone number, driver’s license number, or credit card number. “Information” is collectively used herein to refer to both Personal Information and information that does not identify and cannot reasonably be linked to a specific individual.
3. Links, Third-Party Websites, and Social Media Platforms
Our Online Services may contain links to the websites of other
4. Outside the U.S.
Our Online Services are for users located exclusively in the United States of America and Canada. If you are located outside the United States or Canada, please return to [www.porsche.com] and use the drop down box to find the website for users in your location, but please do not use our Online Services, as the information practices and the terms of this Privacy Notice may or may not be applicable or comply with applicable law. By using our Online Services, you consent to the use and disclosure of your information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and subject to the applicable state, provincial. and federal laws of the United States or Canada.
5. Information We Collect
PMNA and its third party service providers collect Information about you from a variety of sources, including Personal Information you provide directly to us and Information we collect about you when access and use our Online Services. We also collect your Personal Information from other
We collect Personal Information when you:
- register for an online PMNA Login service, such as PMRSI;
- order and/or purchase any of our products or services;
- register or participate in any PMNA or
Porscherelated event or program, including sponsored motorsports events, or a program, contest, survey, or other promotion that PMNA or other Porschecompanies may offer from time to time (collectively, “Events”);
- subscribe to the PMNA Quarterly Newsletter or other communications from us;
- contact or communicate with us;
- request information from us;
- request information about us from a
Porschecompany, Porschedealer or another third party;
- begin or complete the application process for employment by PMNA;
- access or use PMNA pages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms such as Facebook or Instagram (“Social Media Pages”);
- provide or submit comments, suggestions, experiences, or other content to us; and/or
- otherwise interact with us and our Online Services.
Vehicle Information: Your vehicle may generate information about your vehicle’s performance and operation such as engine performance, system temperatures, mileage tire pressure, suspension movement, and accelerometer readings. PMNA may collect this information to assess whether your vehicle is optimized for participating in motorsport events, whether your vehicle complies with series regulations and to otherwise support the performance of your vehicle and to provide you with technical support.
6. Information Collected Automatically
Analytics Information: We may use third-party analytics tools, such as
Device and Browsing Information: We collect certain information about your computer or device each time you access our Online Services. We may also collect device information when you visit an independent
Clear Gifs/Web Beacons: When you use our Online Services, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to track your online usage patterns. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. This information facilitates more accurate reporting and improvement of our Online Services.
Location Data: When you access our Online Services via a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor, and/or remotely store information regarding your mobile device, as well as real-time “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use our Online Services. You may opt-out from allowing us to have access to your location data by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device, though some features of our Online Services may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
Information We Receive From Third Parties: We may receive Information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our Online Services through a third-party connection or log-in (e.g., through Facebook), such third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to us. We may also receive Information you have provided to
7. How We You Use Your Information
We use your Information, including Personal Information, for a variety of business purposes, including:
- providing our products and services to you;
- coordinating with race officials, race sponsors or race sanctioning bodies;
- communicating with you and your team regarding PMNA, other
Porschecompanies and their products, services, and Events;
- customizing your PMNA experience;
- creating and managing your registration to PMNA’s Online Services;
- responding to your inquiries, comments, or postings;
- administering our or third party Events;
- improving and customizing our Online Services;
- internal operations such as enhancing our products and services, marketing efforts, and to conduct research and analysis;
- developing new products and services;
- processing payments;
- investigating or settling inquires or disputes;
- marketing or advertising purposes;
- enforcing our Terms and Conditions of Use; and/or
- protecting the security and integrity of our business and our Online Services.
8. Your Choices In How We Use Your Information
While PMNA may contact you with offers and information concerning PMNA or its products, services or Events, you always have the choice not to receive such items. You may contact us as described in the below Contact Us section to communicate your marketing preferences and request to be removed from marketing lists. If you subscribe to the Quarterly PMNA Newsletter you may unsubscribe by following the link provided therein or by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com. You may contact us as described in the below Contact Us section with any questions or concerns you may have about our privacy practices, including requests to update or correct your Personal Information. Even if you choose not to receive promotional e-mails or mailings from PMNA, we may continue to use your Personal Information in order to contact you in connection with product recalls or other transactional purposes.
9. How We Share Your Information
We share and disclose your Information as follows:
- with race authorities, race sanctioning bodies and sponsors;
- with third parties that provide a variety of services on our behalf, including the transportation of vehicles, development, maintenance, and support of our vehicle related services, Online Services, payment processing, communications, and marketing research and analysis;
- with independent, authorized
Porschedealers for customer care, marketing efforts and in connection with any PMNA Events;
- with members of our affiliated group of companies for marketing, promotional, or other purposes;
- to manage and administer Events;
- to comply with law, a court order, or other legal process, or in connection with a legal investigation;
- as may be necessary to protect the rights and interests of PMNA, its affiliates, and authorized
Porschedealers, and our and their respective employees, customers, visitors, users, or any other person or entity;
- to enforce any applicable terms and conditions and other agreements;
- in the event of a corporate transaction, such as a merger, reorganization, or acquisition, in which event your Personal Information may be transferred to the acquiring company;
- in aggregated or other non-personally identifiable form; and/or
- in accordance with your consent.
11. Additional Notice for California Consumers
This part of our Privacy Notice applies to consumers who reside in the State of California.
Personal Information We Collect about California Consumers
We describe the Personal Information we have collected from consumers in the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice in the part of our Privacy Notice titled “Information We Collect.” The information we collect includes the following:
- Identifiers such as name, address, e-mail address, and phone number, driver’s license number, Internet Protocol address, MAC address.
- The following categories of Personal Information described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e): (1) the Personal Information listed in the preceding bullet point as “identifiers,” (2) vehicle identification numbers (VINs) (when linked to identified persons), vehicle information such as vehicle type, model and year, vehicle performance and operation information, (3) payment information such as payment card number or portion thereof, bank information, and payment amounts, (4) information you provide or that we record in connection with customer support calls or complaints, (5) demographic information such as birthdate, gender, language preference, and occupation, and (6) the other information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual that we describe in “Information We Collect” above.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as language preference or gender.
- Commercial information, including information about orders, purchases, or products that you have expressed interest in; registration information for any Event or program, including motorsports events, driving experiences or web specials; and information you provide or submit to us when you participate in any Event, program, contest, surveys, or other promotion that we may offer from time to time.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our Online Services, websites, advertisements that we display on our websites or on third party sites and apps, or PMNA pages or accounts on any third-party Social Media Pages such as Facebook or Instagram.
- Geolocation data relating to your computer or device when you interact with PMNA Web sites and mobile apps or other applications that post this Privacy Notice.
- Audio information from calls placed with customer service and accounting centers which may be recorded, and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information as described above.
- Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collect when you visit our websites, use our apps, or our social media apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins, (2) information we collect, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, or behavior.
We collect this Personal Information from sources that include PMNA vehicle buyers and lessees, independent
For information regarding the purposes for which we collect and use the Personal Information we collect, please see “How We Use Your Information.”
Disclosures of Personal Information for Monetary or Other Valuable Consideration or for Business Purposes
We have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information to other businesses or third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration within the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice:
- Identifiers and Inferences. Pseudonymous identifiers for individuals who visit our Web sites and mobile apps and the devices such individuals use to visit our Web sites and mobile apps, data relating to usage of our Web sites and apps and inferences drawn from such usage data, and data acquired from third party marketing and digital advertising providers. We share this information with third party vendors that provide consumer behavioral analytics, social media, and digital advertising services to PMNA, and where applicable these vendors may use the information for their own purposes.
We have disclosed Personal Information in all or substantially all of the categories identified in this Additional Notice for California Consumers for various business purposes within the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice. For more information about the categories of Personal Information we have disclosed, the categories of entities with which we have disclosed this information, and the purposes for which we have disclosed the information, please see “How We Share Your Information.”
We do not disclose personal information of individuals we know to be under the age of 16 to other businesses or third parties for consideration.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California consumer, you have the following rights. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law.
Right to Access and Right to Know Information regarding Personal Information. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. Specifically, you have the right to request that we disclose the following to you, in each case in the twelve-month period preceding your request:
- the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information;
- the specific pieces of information we have collected about you;
- the categories of Personal Information about you, if any, that we have disclosed or sold for monetary or other valuable consideration within the meaning of the CCPA and the categories of third parties to which we have disclosed the information, by category or categories of Personal Information for each third party to which we disclosed the Personal Information; and
- the categories of Personal Information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
We will deliver Personal Information that we are required by law to disclose to you in the manner required by law within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. We may deliver the Personal Information to you electronically or by mail at your option. If electronically, then we will deliver the information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another without hindrance.
Right to Deletion of Personal Information. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.
Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the disclosure of Personal Information about you to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration. To opt-out, you may visit: Do Not Sell My Personal Information or use the following links:
- Trade Desk opt-out: https://www.adsrvr.org/
- Verizon Media opt-out: https://www.verizonmedia.com/policies/us/en/verizonmedia/privacy/controls/index.html
Right to Non-Discrimination. We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the foregoing rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to PMNA by your Personal Information.
Requests to Exercise Your Rights.
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by:
- Submitting a request through porsche.com/usa/privacy-policy/contact/, or
- Calling us toll-free at 1-800-PORSCHE.
Please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights, as required or permitted by law. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted by law.
Under California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission to act on your behalf. Even if you use an agent, as permitted by law, we may require verification of the agent’s authorization to act on your behalf, require you to confirm you have authorized the agent to act on your behalf, and/or require you to verify your own identity.
We may require you to provide certain information, including contact information, to verify your identity before acting on your request to exercise your rights or granting you access to your information. We will only use this information to confirm your identity. In some cases we may need to collect additional information from you, and depending on the type of request we may use a third-party identity verification service to verify your identity. If we use a third-party identity verification service, our third-party identification verification service may ask you certain identity verification questions to match the information you provide with information that it has in its database.
Data Sharing for Direct Marketing Purposes
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 further permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your Personal Information with certain of our affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information. Please allow 30 days for a response.
Do Not Track
At this time, there is no worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating Do Not Track signals. Thus, our Online Services are unable to respond to Do Not Track Signals.
If you use assistive technology and the format of this Privacy Notice interferes with your ability to access information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. How We Protect Your Information
We implement reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards designed to keep your Personal Information secure. For example, when you submit sensitive Personal Information, such as credit card information, through our Online Services, we utilize secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology. We also request that our third-party service providers use appropriate security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access or use. However, no data transmission is guaranteed as 100% secure.
13. Submissions and User Generated Content
Unless governed by separate terms identified at the time of submission, all suggestions, materials, remarks, or other intellectual property (e.g., ideas, experiences, and photos) you communicate or submit to us (“Submissions”) will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. PMNA shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such Submissions and shall be free to use and distribute Submissions for any purposes, without limitation of any kind.
Our Online Services and Social Media Pages allow you to post messages and submit content (e.g., comments, phots, blogs, postings, etc.), which may include your Personal Information. You are responsible for all actions resulting from any information, including Personal Information, which you post on our Online Services or Social Media Pages. Please remember that any information you post becomes public information, is not subject to this Privacy Notice, and PMNA is not responsible for the results of such postings.
14. E-mail Security
"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your Personal Information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your Personal Information, please notify us as provided below in the Contact Us section.
15. Children’s Privacy
Our Online Services are not intended for use by children under 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without parental or guardian consent. Please notify us as provided below in the Contact Us section if you believe we may have collected such information without parental or guardian consent or other than in a manner authorized by law, and we will work to delete it.
16. Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, you may contact us as follows:
17. Your Acceptance of Our Privacy Notice
By using our Online Services, you signify your acceptance of this Privacy Notice, and you agree to adhere to the terms and conditions posted on our Online Services under “Legal notice.” If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Notice, please do not access or use our Online Services or submit any Personal Information to us.
Porsche Cars North America
For information regarding the privacy practices of
19. Changes To This Privacy Notice
PMNA reserves the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time, so you should review it frequently for changes. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post such changes here http://www.porsche.com/PMNA/ PrivacyPolicy. Your continued use of our Online Services and/or provision of your Personal Information after such posting constitute your acceptance of such changes. If we make a change to this Privacy Notice that, in our sole discretion, materially affects the use or disclosure of your Personal Information, a notice will be posted at: https://www.porsche.com/usa/motorsportandevents/motorsport/customerracing /features/aboutpmna/ with a link to the updated Privacy Notice. Please contact us as described in the Contact Us section if you would like information regarding any changes.
Effective Date: July 1, 2020
Copyright © 2020
To request a summary of the changes made to the last version dated July 2017, please contact us as described above.