This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes the information that
This Privacy Notice applies to information collected about you by or on behalf of
As used in this Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies or can reasonably be linked to a specific individual, such as name, address, e-mail address, phone number, driver’s license number, or credit card number. “Information” is collectively used herein to refer to both Personal Information and information that does not identify and cannot reasonably be linked to a specific individual.
3. Links, Third-Party Websites, and Social Media Platforms
Our Online Services may contain links to the websites of other
4. Outside the U.S.
Our Online Services are for users located exclusively in the United States of America. If you are located outside the United States, please return to www.porsche.com and use the drop down box to find the website for users in your location, but please do not use our Online Services, as the information practices and the terms of this Privacy Notice may or may not comply with foreign law. By using our Online Services, you consent to the use and disclosure of your information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and subject to the applicable state and federal laws of the United States.
5. Information We Collect
We collect Personal Information when you:
- register for the online
- order and/or purchase any of our products or services from us or an independent
- register for any
Porscheevent or program, including Porschedriving experiences the Travel Club, or web specials, and/or participate in any event, program, contest, surveys, or other promotion that we may offer from time to time (collectively, “Events”);
- subscribe to the
Porschemagazine, newsletter, or other communications from us,
- contact or communicate with us;
- request information from us;
- begin or complete the application process for employment by
- access or use
Porschepages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter (“Social Media Pages”);
- provide or submit comments, suggestions, experiences, or other content to us; and/or
- otherwise interact with us and our Online Services.
6. Information Collected Automatically.
7. How We Use Your Information
We use your Information, including Personal Information, for a variety of business purposes, including:
- providing our products and services to you;
- communicating with you regarding
Porsche, and its products, services, and Events;
- customizing your
- creating and managing your online
- responding to your inquiries, comments, or postings;
- administering our Events;
- improving and customizing our Online Services;
- internal operations such as enhancing our products and services, marketing efforts, and to conduct research and analysis;
- developing new products and services;
- processing payments;
- investigating or settling inquires or disputes;
- marketing or advertising purposes;
- enforcing our Terms and Conditions Use; and/or
- protecting the security and integrity of our business and our Online Services.
8. Your Choices In How We Use Your Information
In addition, our Online Services allow you to communicate your marketing preferences as follows (or as otherwise specifically indicated on our Online Services):
- At the time of registering as a
PorscheOnline Services user, you will be given a choice whether to receive promotional e-mails from Porsche. Each promotional e-mail you receive from us will provide you a specific opt-out mechanism to allow you to unsubscribe from receipt of these promotional e-mails.
- By accessing your profile under “
PorscheLogin” on the Online Services, you may also update your Personal Information in our database or change your marketing preferences.
- Whether or not registered as a
PorscheOnline Services user, users who subscribe to the PorscheMagazine or Newsletter may unsubscribe by following the link provided therein, by calling 1-800-PORSCHE, or by updating their preferences on our Online Services.
You may contact us as described in the below Contact Us section with any questions or concerns you may have about our privacy practices, including requests to update or correct your Personal Information. Even if you choose not to receive promotional e-mails or mailings from
9. How We Share Your Information
We share and disclose your Information as follows:
- with third parties that provide a variety of services on our behalf, including the development, maintenance, and support of our vehicle related services, Online Services, payment processing, communications, and marketing research, advertising and analysis;
- with independent, authorized
Porschedealers for customer care and marketing efforts;
- with members of our affiliated group of companies for marketing, promotional, or other purposes;
- to manage and administer Events;
- to comply with law, a court order, or other legal process, or in connection with a legal investigation;
- as may be necessary to protect the rights and interests of
Porsche, its affiliates, and authorized Porschedealers, and our and their respective employees, customers, visitors, users, or any other person or entity;
- to enforce any applicable terms and conditions and other agreements;
- in the event of a corporate transaction, such as a merger, reorganization, or acquisition, in which event your Personal Information may be transferred to the acquiring company;
- in aggregated or other non-personally identifiable form; and/or
- in accordance with your consent.
11. Additional Notice for California Consumers
This part of our Privacy Notice applies to consumers who reside in the State of California.
Personal Information We Collect about California Consumers
We describe the Personal Information we have collected from consumers in the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice in the part of our Privacy Notice titled “Information We Collect.” The information we collect includes the following:
- Identifiers such as name, address, e-mail address, phone number, driver’s license number, Internet Protocol address, MAC address, Social Security number, Passport number, and
- The following categories of Personal Information described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e): (1) the Personal Information listed in the preceding bullet point as “identifiers,” (2) vehicle identification numbers (VINs) (when linked to identified persons), vehicle information such as model and year, vehicle registration information, odometer readings provided by you or
Porschedealers, such as in connection with repair services, and license plate numbers, (3) payment information such as payment card number or portion thereof, bank information, and payment amounts, (4) information you provide or that we record in connection with customer support calls or complaints, (5) demographic information such as birthdate, gender, language preference, and occupation, and (6) the other information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual that we describe in “Information We Collect” above.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as language preference.
- Commercial information, including information about orders, purchases, or leases of, or interest you have expressed in, any of our products or services, including warranty, defect, and accident repair services, from us or independent
Porschedealers; loan or lease payoff information; registration information for any Porscheevent or program, including Porschedriving experiences and the PorscheTravel Club, or web specials; and information you provide or submit to us when you participate in any event, program, contest, surveys, or other promotion that we may offer from time to time.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our websites, mobile apps, advertisements that we display on our websites or mobile apps or on third party sites and apps, or
Porschepages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter.
- Geolocation data relating to your computer or device when you interact with
PorscheWeb sites and mobile apps that post this Privacy Notice.
- Audio information from calls placed with customer service and accounting centers which may be recorded, and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information as described above.
- Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collect when you visit our websites, use our apps, or our social media apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins, (2) information we collect, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, or behavior.
We collect this Personal Information from sources that include
For information regarding the purposes for which we collect and use the Personal Information we collect, please see “How We Use Your Information.”
Disclosures of Personal Information for Monetary or Other Valuable Consideration or for Business Purposes
We have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information to other businesses or third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration within the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice:
- Identifiers and Commercial Information. Name, address, email address, phone number, fax number, and vehicle identification number (VIN) linked to such name and contact information; language preference; type of SiriusXM radio; vehicle make, model, model year; whether the vehicle was purchased or leased; date on which the vehicle was purchased, leased, or sold; selling or leasing
Porschedealer and salesperson; whether the vehicle is a personal vehicle or company-owned vehicle; whether a navigation system is installed in the vehicle; certain accessories included with the purchase of the vehicle; and shipment destination of the vehicle. We share this information with SiriusXM to enable SiriusXM to communicate with Porschevehicle owners and lessees to activate or renew SiriusXM subscriptions.
- Identifiers and Commercial Information. Name, address, VIN, employer (if known), current vehicle information, if known, and phone number. We share this information with independent
Porschedealers for marketing purposes.
- Identifiers and Inferences. Pseudonymous identifiers for individuals who visit our Web sites and mobile apps and the devices such individuals use to visit our Web sites and mobile apps, data relating to usage of our Web sites and apps and inferences drawn from such usage data, and data acquired from third party marketing and digital advertising providers. We share this information with third party vendors that provide consumer behavioral analytics, social media, and digital advertising services to
Porsche, and where applicable these vendors may use the information for their own purposes.
We have disclosed Personal Information in all or substantially all of the categories identified in this Additional Notice for California Consumers for various business purposes. For more information about the categories of Personal Information we have disclosed, the categories of entities with which we have disclosed this information, and the purposes for which we have disclosed the information, please see “How We Share Your Information.”
We do not disclose personal information of individuals we know to be under the age of 16 to other businesses or third parties for consideration.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California consumer, you have the following rights. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law.
Right to Access and Right to Know Information regarding Personal Information. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. Specifically, you have the right to request that we disclose the following to you, in each case in the twelve-month period preceding your request:
- the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information;
- the specific pieces of information we have collected about you;
- the categories of Personal Information about you, if any, that we have disclosed or sold for monetary or other valuable consideration within the meaning of the CCPA and the categories of third parties to which we have disclosed the information, by category or categories of Personal Information for each third party to which we disclosed the Personal Information; and
- the categories of Personal Information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
We will deliver Personal Information that we are required by law to disclose to you in the manner required by law within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. We may deliver the Personal Information to you through your account, if you maintain an account with
Right to Deletion of Personal Information. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.
Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the disclosure of Personal Information about you to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration. To opt-out, please visit: Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
To opt-out from the sale of personal information for valuable consideration to analytics, social media, and advertising partners, please use the following links:
- Trade Desk opt-out: https://www.adsrvr.org/
- Verizon Media opt-out: https://www.verizonmedia.com/policies/us/en/verizonmedia/privacy/controls/index.html
Right to Non-Discrimination. We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the foregoing rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to
Requests to Exercise Your Rights
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by:
- Submitting a request through porsche.com/usa/privacy-policy/contact/ or
- Calling us toll-free at 1-800-PORSCHE.
Under California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission to act on your behalf. Even if you use an agent, as permitted by law, we may require verification of the agent’s authorization to act on your behalf, require you to confirm you have authorized the agent to act on your behalf, and/or require you to verify your own identity.
We may require you to provide certain information, including contact information, to verify your identity before acting on your request to exercise your rights or granting you access to your information. We will only use this information to confirm your identity. In some cases we may need to collect additional information from you, and depending on the type of request we may use a third-party identity verification service to verify your identity. If we use a third-party identity verification service, our third-party identification verification service may ask you certain identity verification questions to match the information you provide with information that it has in its database.
Data Sharing for Direct Marketing Purposes
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 further permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your Personal Information with certain of our affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes. Please tell us your preference by contacting us as specified below. To make such a request, please tell us your preference by contacting us as specified below.
Do Not Track
At this time, there is no worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating Do Not Track signals. Thus, our Online Services are unable to respond to Do Not Track Signals.
If you use assistive technology and the format of this Privacy Notice interferes with your ability to access information, please contact us at email@example.com.
12. How We Protect Your Information
We implement reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards designed to keep your Personal Information secure. For example, when you submit sensitive Personal Information, such as credit card information, through our Online Services, we utilize secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology. We also request that our third-party service providers use appropriate security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access or use. However, no data transmission is guaranteed as 100% secure.
13. Submissions and User Generated Content
Unless governed by separate terms identified at the time of submission, all suggestions, materials, remarks, or other intellectual property (e.g., ideas, experiences, and photos) you communicate or submit to us (“Submissions”) will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
14. E-mail Security
"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your Personal Information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your Personal Information, please notify us as provided below in the Contact Us section.
15. Children’s Privacy
Our Online Services are not intended for use by children under 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without parental or guardian consent. Please notify us as provided below in the Contact Us section if you believe we may have collected such information without parental or guardian consent or other than in a manner authorized by law, and we will work to delete it.
16. Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices or any requests with respect to the Personal Information we collect about you, you may contact us at 1-800-PORSCHE, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to
17. Your Acceptance of Our Privacy Notice
By using our Online Services, you signify your acceptance of this Privacy Notice, and you agree to adhere to the terms and conditions posted on our Online Services under “Legal notice.” If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Notice, please do not access or use our Online Services or submit any Personal Information to us.
For information regarding privacy at
19. Changes to the Privacy Notice
Effective Date: July 1, 2021
Copyright © 2021
To request a summary of the changes made to the last version dated July 1, 2020, please contact us as described above.