Porsche Market Research Personal Information Protection Policy (Apply for HK & Macau)
This personal information protection policy (hereinafter referred to as " this policy ") introduces how
Last updated: 1st September, 2022.
Effective Date: 1st September, 2022.
This policy will help you understand the following:
- How we collect and process your personal information
- How we protect the personal information of minors
- How we instruct others to process your Personal Information and how we share, transfer and publicly disclose your Personal Information
- How we store your personal information
- How we protect your personal information
- Your rights
- Contact us
- Revisions to the Personal Information Protection Policy
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites and social media platforms such as Weibo or WeChat (collectively, " Linked Sites " ).
This policy will be published on the official
"Personal information" mentioned in this policy refers to any kind of information related to an identified or identifiable natural person as electronically or otherwise recorded, excluding information that has been anonymized."Sensitive personal information" refers to personal information that, once leaked or illegally used, will easily lead to infringement of the human dignity or harm to the personal or property safety of a natural person. We put the sensitive personal information mentioned in this policy in bold. Personal Information and other information that cannot be used to identify a specific individual is collectively referred to as "Information". Depending on the specific research activities you participate in and your interactions with
|Information category||Specific information content|
|Basic Information||name, gender, age, birthday, nationality, city|
|Contact Information||mobile number, email, address|
|Health Physiological Information||height, weight|
|Educational/work information||occupation, education|
|Family information||marital status,household demographic information,household income|
|Vehicle Information||vehicle Identification Number ( VIN ), vehicle series, vehicle model, purchase date, vehicle configuration information, maintenance history|
|Information on hobbies and social attitudes||personal views or interests, value statements, social views, philosophical beliefs|
|Social media information||vertical website information, including any personal information social media platform information that you submit or generate when you visit or use |
Information you provide to us when you use our social media platform and any programs we operate on our social media platform (including social media platform applets or other derivative or affiliated programs (applications)) such as: your contact information, details of any transactions you make, and other information we may obtain in the course of your use of our social media platform number or interaction with the foregoing programs.
|Third party information||from time to time, we may collect information about you from third-party partners (including authorized dealers) or instruct such third-party partners to provide their information about you to other recipients, for data analysis activities so that we can Provide you with relevant information about our products, services and activities on the |
|Other information (information collected when you interact with us in other ways)||Including personal information contained in comments you make about the products and / or services we offer or in communications with us; personal information contained in the activities you choose to respond to or participate in, and when you otherwise interact with us and our services.|
|Processing purpose||Types of information that may be involved|
|Product and Service Improvement Purposes (including improving the quality of our products and services; providing and improving after-sales service; conducting customer satisfaction surveys and market research; developing new products and services) • Contact information;|
|Data research purpose (Including data merging, storage and integration, product information statistics; product quality analysis)|
|Purpose of fulfilling statutory duties and obligations|
|Technical system maintenance and data management purposes (including ensuring the availability, steady operation and safety of technical systems, and implementing technical data management)|
We may obtain information about you from third parties. For example, if you access
At the same time, in order to enhance your service experience and optimize our products, we will obtain your personal information from
In this research activity, we do not use non-manual automatic decision-making mechanisms based on information systems, algorithms, etc. to make decisions .
Our products and services are direct solely at adults who have obtained a national motor vehicle driver's license. We do not actively collect, and have no intention of collecting, any personal information from minors.
If we discover that Personal Information of a minor has been collected without the prior consent of his/her verifiable guardian, we will proactively delete the relevant data.
A guardian who discovers that we have collected Personal Information of a minor without the guardian's consent is requested to contact us using the contact information provided in this Policy. We will delete the relevant data as soon as possible after verifying the request.
Some of the specific modules of this service may be provided by our third-party partners, such as technical support, data collection and research, customer service support, etc. Therefore, we will instruct those partners to process part of your Personal Information. We will share your information only for legal, legitimate, necessary, particular and clear purposes based on this Policy.
For companies, organizations and individuals that we entrust to process personal information, we will sign strict confidentiality agreements with them, requiring them to process personal information in accordance with our requirements, this policy and any other relevant confidentiality and security measures.
We will not share your Personal Information with any company, organization or individual other than ourselves, unless we have obtained you express consent. Currently, the circumstances in which we will ask for your authorization of, and consent to, the sharing of Personal Information are as follows:
- Shared with our affiliates.To the extent permitted by laws and regulations, your personal information may be shared with affiliates of
- Sharing with authorized dealers and their affiliates.We will share your Personal Information with our authorized dealers and their affiliates in order to improve our services and provide a better user experience. The only purpose of such sharing will be to achieve the objectives stated in this Policy. You can search our authorized dealers on the following website: https://www.porsche.com/pap/_hong-kong_/dealersearch/
- Sharing with third party service providers:As some of our service modules are provided with the assistance of authorized third party service providers, we may share some of your Personal Information with such third party service providers in order to provide you with the services concerned. Those third party service providers include, among others, providers of information technology protection, security and technical support services, providers of data hosting services, providers of payment services, logistics providers, marketing and advertising partners, data analysis companies, event service providers, data service providers and customer service centres..
We will not transfer your Personal Information to any company, organization or individual, except in the following circumstances:
- We will transfer your Personal Information to other parties after obtaining your express consent;
- In case of a merger, demerger, dissolution or bankruptcy liquidation that involves the transfer of Personal Information, we will inform you according to law of the name and contact details of the recipient and require the new company or organization that holds your Personal Information to be bound by this Policy. Otherwise, we will require the company or organization to obtain your authorization and consent again.
We will only publicly disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- with your express consent;
- Disclosure according to law: We may publicly disclose your Personal Information if such disclosure is mandatorily required by law, legal procedure, litigation or a competent governmental authority.
We use resources and servers located through the world to provide our products or services. This means that after we receive your authorization and consent, your Personal Information could be transferred to, or be accessed from, a location outside the country/region in which you use the products or services.
For the purposes described in this policy, we may process your Personal Information in the People’s Republic of China, the contact information of data processor is:
- Email: email@example.com
Porsche(China) Motors Ltd., 17/F, 826 Century Avenue, China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone (post code: 200127)
We may transfer your personal information (including basic information, contact information, vehicle information, hobby information, social media information, third-party information, and other information) overseas, including but not limited to [Germany]. In such cases, the overseas recipient of personal information is:
PorscheAG ( Dr. Ing . hcF . PorscheAG )
Porscheplatz 1, 70435 Stuttgart, Germany
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Generally speaking, we only retain your Personal Information for the shortest time necessary to achieve the purpose of the services, unless otherwise provided by laws and regulations or otherwise authorized and consented to by the Personal Information subjects.
After the above-mentioned storage period expires, we will delete or anonymize your Personal Information.
We provide reasonable technical, managerial and physical protection measures to ensure the security of your Personal Information. We will also require our third party service providers to adopt industry-standard security measures to protect your Personal Information from being accessed or used by unauthorized persons.
- We will adopt industry-standard, reasonably practicable security protection measures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, public disclosure, use or modification and from damage or loss. For example, we ensure that in the course of transmission of Personal Information, the exchange of data between the browser and the server is protected by SSL encryption and that only the https secure browsing protocol is provided.
- We have adopted necessary encryption and desensitization measures to protect the security of Personal Information. We use an access control mechanism and conduct regular reviews to ensure that Personal Information is accessible by authorized persons only.
- We carry out regular assessments of important assets, scan systems and codes for loopholes and timely correct security loopholes and misconfigurations discovered;
- We will take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that no irrelevant Personal Information is collected. We will retain your Personal Information only for as long as necessary to achieve the objectives stated in this Policy, unless the retention period needs to be extended or a longer period is permitted by law.
- We will strictly screen our business partners as well as our service and content providers. Their responsibilities in respect of the protection of Personal Information will be made explicit by means of data security assessments, data audits, binding contractual stipulations, etc. We will require them to process Personal Information based on our instructions and in accordance with applicable laws and this Policy.
- From time to time we will organize security and privacy protection training courses, data protection and security tests and publicity activities to strengthen our personnel's and our business partners' awareness of the importance of protecting Personal Information.
- You are aware and understand that, even though we have taken the reasonable and effective measures mentioned above and have met the standards required under the relevant laws, the Internet environment is not 100% secure due to technical limitations and the potential for malicious conduct. We will try out best to ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
You need to cooperate with the verification of your personal identity, and it is recommended to use the valid email address you have reserved at the
Using the contact methods provided in this Policy, you may contact us to access and copy your Personal Information that is held by
If you discover that your Personal Information processed by us is wrong or incomplete, you may use the contact methods provided in this Policy to request that we rectify or supplement it, and we will do so in a timely manner after verifying that your Personal Information is in order.
In any of the circumstances described below, we will proactively delete your Personal Information and, if you discover that we have not done so in a timely manner, you have the right to request us to delete your Personal Information:
- if our processing of the Personal Information violates laws, regulations or this Policy;
- if we collect and use your Personal Information and obtain your consent as necessary, and we either did not obtain your consent or you withdraw your consent;
- if you no longer use our products or services;
- if we have stopped offering the products or services to you or the retention period has expired;
- if the processing purposes have been achieved or the Personal Information is no longer necessary to achieve the processing purposes;
- other circumstances provided for in laws or administrative regulations.
If the retention period provided for in laws or administrative regulations has not expired or it would be technically difficult to delete the Personal Information, we will promptly cease any unnecessary processing thereof other than storing it and adopting necessary security protection measures.
If you have registered a
If you wish to delete your account for other
Even if you have granted us consent to the processing of your Personal Information, you may withdraw it at any time. After you withdraw your consent, we will no longer process the corresponding Personal Information and the withdrawal will be effective thereafter. This does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your Personal Information prior to the formal withdrawal of consent. Please be informed that once you withdraw your consent, you may be unable to use some of the services.
You have the right to request that your Personal Information held by
If you need to exercise any of your above rights or have any question or comment about this Policy, please contact us by any of the following methods:
- Email: email@example.com
Porsche(China) Motors Ltd., 17/F, 826 Century Avenue, China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone (post code: 200127)
We reserve the right to revise the content of this Policy when appropriate. We will publish the revised content through appropriate channels for your perusal.
Major revisions will be announced through appropriate channels and be notified you by conspicuous means (e.g. pop-up windows, direct push message sent to you, email or SMS sent to you, etc.), so as to enable you to enable you to become aware of the specific revisions in a timely manner. If you need any information concerning a revision, please contact us as described in the "Contact Us" section.