Current Press releases
Porsche Taycan Turbo S and Taycan Turbo will be delivered to Chinese customers on scheduleTwo flagship models are on their way to dealerships
Shanghai/Stuttgart. Following in the footsteps of the US and Europe, two flagship Porsche models – the Taycan Turbo S and Taycan Turbo – will arrive at dealerships by the end of April, just as scheduled. The Porsche APP providing integrated charging solution will simultaneously go live on Apple APP Store first, followed by other major Android app stores. The Taycan family is completing with arrival of future derivatives later in the year. This zero-emission sports car represents a new electric-vehicle lifestyle: pure Porsche sports car performance, exclusive and convenient charging network, abundant personalisation opportunities options and the perfect combination of extraordinary performance and everyday usability. On 23 April, 2020, Porsche showcased the charm of its first all-electric sports car to Chinese customers with an innovative livestream event, unveiling the national launch of the Taycan.
“The all-electric Taycan is the pinnacle of our development to date, combining brand heritage with major innovations. So it is a true Porsche through and through.” said Dr. -Ing. Jens Puttfarcken, President and CEO of Porsche China, “I am sure the Taycan will meet the high expectations of Chinese customers.”
Worry-free charging: convenient and exclusive
Customer-friendly charging infrastructure is key to the success of electromobility. Porsche satisfies the charging needs of Taycan owners with a fast and safe super-charging technology, reliable and convenient charging networks covering both home and public environment, and considerate charging service as well.
Exclusive and secure “Home Charging” :
• Customers who successfully purchased a Taycan will be provided with one set of home charging hardware as well as basic installation service for free. Pre-installation before car delivery is performed to ensure immediate usage after vehicle handover.
• Porsche provides a 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. technical hotline support, and a 24/7 in-car Concierge support to quickly handle and reply to any charging related enquires around the clock.
All-round public charging network: “Porsche Public Charging”, “Destination Charging” and “3rd Party Charging”.
• The “Porsche Public Charging” network mainly covers Porsche Centres as well as shopping malls and traffic hubs in major cities, with Turbo Chargers and Super Chargers. Under current GB standards, a Turbo Charger with a maximum power output of 200 kW takes 30 minutes to charge the battery from 5 to 80 percent. In the future, the Porsche APP can be used for a range of services including remote reservation, locking parking spot and integrated payment for parking and charging.
• The “Destination Charging” is to gradually roll out to selected hotels such as premium hotels from InterContinental Hotels Group, ensuring charging convenience for long-distance travelers.
• Porsche has been working with industry-leading charging partners on the “3rd Party Charging” network, covering more than 90 percent of available public charging piles in markets. It’s expected to integrate over 200,000 AC/DC public charging piles in more than 200 major cities by the first half of this year. The Porsche APP supports the online search and real-time status check of charging piles as well as payment after charging.
In addition, Porsche will introduce considerate services to further meet diverse needs of customers. For example, under the condition that a Taycan owner is not able to charge the car in person, the "Valet Charging" provides charging service by professional charging specialists. The real-time tracking and comprehensive insurance on vehicle reassure customers. Furthermore, the “Porsche Drive” service will be piloted in Beijing and Shanghai, offering Taycan owners the opportunity to rent a Cayenne, free of charge up to 3 days, in the first year ownership for a particularly long-distance trip.
Sports car identity: perfect balance of racetrack and road
The Taycan is a four-door sports saloon offering typical Porsche performance. Adopted from the Le Mans winning 919 Hybrid, its 800 volt technology combined with dual Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors and a two-speed transmission (on the rear engine) create the perfect balance between extreme performance and long-distance range. The Taycan Turbo S can generate up to 560 kW (761 PS) of overboost power and accelerate from zero to 100 km/h in 2.8 seconds. While the Taycan Turbo generates up to 500 kW (680 PS) and completes this sprint in 3.2 seconds. According to WLTP, The Turbo S has a maximum range of up to 412 kilometres, and the Turbo has a maximum range of up to 450 kilometres. Both ranges result up to 462 kilometers according to the NEDC cycle. More than that, the Taycan's energy recuperation of up to 265 kW is ahead of its class, and the energy recovered from a decrease in speed from 200 km/h to 0 enables the Taycan to run another 4 km at most.
The unique Porsche driving and handling DNA ensures the Taycan an ultimate fascinating experience. Sophisticated aerodynamic design endows the Taycan family with its best-in-class Cd value. Moreover, the integrated Porsche 4D Chassis Control analyses and synchronises vehicle dynamics in real time, including longitudinal, lateral and normal acceleration, and adjusts it actively. With its outstanding rear axle steering (standard on the Turbo S), the Taycan proves to be a perfect fit for both precise handling as a sports car and long-distance comfort.
The everyday usability of the Taycan is further enhanced by yet more innovative features. In the cockpit, the freestanding, 16.8-inch curved instrument cluster forms the highest point on the dashboard. This places a clear focus on the driver. A central, 10.9-inch infotainment display and an optional passenger display are combined to form an integrated glass band in a black-panel look. The number of classic hardware controls has been greatly reduced to a minimum on the user interfaces. Instead, control is intelligent and intuitive – using touch operation or voice control function.
Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur is ready to satisfy customers' exclusive needs with a wealth of personalisation opportunities options. For the Taycan, there are more than 40,000 optional assembly combinations to help customers build a truly unique Porsche.
||MSRP (RMB),VAT included
|The new Taycan Turbo S
|The new Taycan Turbo
|The new Taycan 4S (Performance Battery)
* A Performance Battery Plus for the Taycan 4S is available for additional 60,500 RMB - including VAT.
Further information and pictures for journalists and media representatives can be found on the Porsche press database at http://presse.porsche.de/.