July - September
Porsche positions itself as employer of the future
Sports car maker responds to enormous growth in staff
"73,000 applications in 2013 and numerous first places in the rankings among employers underscore the attractiveness of
Whether technical or executive staff –
Facts and figures:
1. Employment agreements
• Start: March 1, 2014
• Leave of absence for a maximum of three months in the event of an imminent situation of care required by close
• Continuing 75 percent of the gross monthly salary.
Arrangement applies to the care of parents, grandparents, parents in-law, spouses, partners, partners in a
common law marriage, siblings, children, adopted children or foster children as well as children, adopted children
or foster children of the spouse or partner, sons and daughters in law and grandchildren.
Precondition: Applicable to employees (also in partial retirement) with permanent contracts and job tenure of at least
six months upon presenting a medical certificate of the expected need for care of the family member.
Costs: employer and employee bear half of the costs each. The share of the employee is funded from the
adjustment fund of the framework agreement on payment (ERA).
• Goals: improved compatibility of family and work; boost in motivation and satisfaction at work.
• Applies to employees with permanent contracts and job tenure of at least six months.
• Limited to four percent of the staff.
• Maximum two days per week.
Working hours adjusted to phase of life
• Freedom of choice in the arrangement of one's working hours in accordance with personal needs (optional working
• At the request of the employee, working hours can be reduced from 35 hours a week to approx. 20 hours per week;
limited to a time period of a maximum of two years.
Voluntary leave for personal reasons
• A longer leave for personal reasons (maximum 12 months) to facilitate individual life planning.
• The employee receives compensation for the entire duration in accordance with the agreed lowered factor.
• Child care places by way of cooperation projects with a total of four day care centres in the proximity of the
locations (Zuffenhausen, Weissach, Mönsheim, Sachsenheim).
Stuttgart "Jugendhaus Gesellschaft".
• Children from 5 to 14 can be registered in various projects.
• The costs for the employee amount to 50 to 75 euro per child and week.
Number of employees (as at December 31)
• 2010: 12,700
• 2011: 15,307
• 2012: 17,502
• 2013: 19,456
• 2014 (status: May 31): 21,134
Employees by gender
• 17,532 male
• 3,602 female (17 percent).
2013 fiscal year (compared to 2012)
• Deliveries: 162,145 vehicles (increase of 15 percent)
• Turnover: EUR 14.3 billion (increase of three percent)
• EBIT: just under EUR 2.6 billion (increase of six percent)