Information We Collect
When you use the
When you register for the
- Contact Information, such as name, address, city, province and postal code, email address, and telephone number;
- Driver’s License Information, such as driver’s license number, the driver’s license expiration date, date of birth, and the province and date of issuance;
- Payment Information, such as credit card number, credit card type, expiration date and CVV number; and
- Aggregate Data, based on your interaction with the
PorscheDrive - Subscription/ PorscheDrive - Rental website; see Cookies/Tracking Technologies section below for additional detail.
When you install and use the
- Location Information, if you permit the
PorscheDrive - Subscription/ PorscheDrive - Rental mobile application to access location-sharing services. For example, we will collect your precise location when you reserve an available Vehicle. We may also collect the precise location of your Device when the PorscheDrive - Subscription/ PorscheDrive - Rental mobile application is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your Internet Protocol (IP) address when you use the PorscheDrive - Subscription/ PorscheDrive - Rental website;
- Device information, such as Device type, Device operating system, IP address, unique identifier, type of browser, Internet service provider, and phone number;
- Information about your use of the
PorscheDrive - Subscription/ PorscheDrive - Rental application, including screen view time, scrolling, specific actions to activate features and/or otherwise navigate the application, reactions to alerts, searches, and your interactions with in-application marketing offers;
- Information about your use of
PorscheDrive - Subscription/ PorscheDrive - Rental Services, such as information about Vehicle reservation requests, date and time services were provided, amount charged, distance traveled, Vehicle-related information (discussed further under the Vehicle-Related Information section below); and
- Aggregate data on your use of the
PorscheDrive - Subscription/ PorscheDrive - Rental mobile application; see Cookies/Tracking Technologies section below for additional detail
Restricting the Collection of Location and Other Information
You can restrict our access to, as well as the collection and sharing of, the location of your Device by disabling location-sharing on your Device, if that feature is available on your Device. You should ensure that you have deleted all personal information from the Vehicle’s systems before returning the Vehicle. Please be aware, some of the
Use of Your Personal Information
When you use the
PorscheDrive - Subscription/ PorscheDrive - Rental Services, including to facilitate reservation services, payments, and send receipts for services you request;
- Communicate with you about your account or the
PorscheDrive - Subscription/ PorscheDrive - Rental;
- Provide you with marketing offers that may interest you; if you would like to limit the marketing and promotional communications we send you, see the Limiting Marketing and Promotional Communications section below;
- Improve, troubleshoot, and evaluate the use of our products and services (including the
PorscheDrive - Subscription/ PorscheDrive - Rental mobile application);
- To create De-identified Information such as aggregate statistics relating to the use of the Service;
- Provide Vehicle support and service;
- Evaluate Vehicle performance and safety;
- Comply with legal requirements; and
- Conduct research.
Protective and Legal Uses
We may collect, use and disclose your personal information for legal reasons as we believe necessary or appropriate, including:
- under applicable law, including laws outside your province or country of residence;
- to process, handle or otherwise respond to claims for damages, including claims or demands for bodily injury or property damage;
- to enforce our policies and rules and the terms and conditions of your subscription;
- to recover our vehicles, equipment or any monies due, such as through debt collection agencies;
- to comply with legal process and to respond to requests from public and government authorities;
- to protect our operations, rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our subsidiaries, you or others; and
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Sharing of Information
We will only disclose your Payment Information with our service providers to provide
We may disclose your other personal information as follows:
- As required by law, such as in conjunction with a subpoena, government inquiry, litigation, dispute resolution, or similar legal process;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a law enforcement request;
- With our services providers who work on our behalf and who do not have an independent right to use the information to which they have access or that we disclose to them;
- With emergency service providers;
- With third parties for research and development purposes (such as university research institutes for improving highway safety);
- In connection with the sale, transfer, or financing of a significant part of a
Porschebusiness or its assets, including any of those activities associated with a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Within the
- In connection with a Vehicle repossession to facilitate Vehicle recovery; and
- Those you ask us to share this information with.
Tracking on the
Similarly, we may also place web beacons in our emails to measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns by identifying the individuals who open or act upon an email message, when an email message is opened, how many times an email message is forwarded, the type of software, device, operating system, and browser used to deliver the email and any URL accessed through our email message. This information may also be used to evaluate our online advertising campaigns or to tailor promotions and other marketing messages to you.
To measure site activity and provide a better user experience, we may allow our service providers or business partners to compile information from the cookies, web beacons, or other technologies on our websites which may include information about your visit (such as demographic data, browser type, IP address, pages visited, activities conducted on the page and the day and time of your visit).
We may also allow third-party advertising and personalization partners to use this information to develop personalized content and appropriate advertising based on your visits over time on the
At this time, we do not honor “do not track” signals from a website browser. However, you may refuse or delete cookies. Please refer to your browser Help instructions to learn more about cookies and other technologies and how to manage their use. If you elect to refuse or delete cookies, you will need to repeat this process if you use another computer, or change browsers. If you choose to decline cookies, some of the functionality of a website may be impaired.
Tracking on the
To help us understand how the
We do not track, or allow third parties to track your behavior over time and across third-party applications or websites via the
Social Media Sharing
We will retain personal information collected as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected (including for the duration of your use of the
Limiting Marketing and Promotional Communications
You may choose to limit the marketing and promotional communications we send you. You can do this by contacting us using the contact information listed under How to Contact Us below.
As you may be aware, there is no completely secure method of transmitting or storing information and data. Although their physical characteristics are different, postal mail, telephone calls, text messages, faxes and transmissions over the Internet or wireless networks all present possibilities of loss, misrouting, interception and misuse of the information and data that is transmitted.
We try to strike a balance between the security of your information and your convenience. As a result, we may sometimes use a method of communication that is less secure than a less convenient alternative.
For example, but not limitation, we may send you an e-mail or a text message in unencrypted form (i.e., instantly readable) because many of our customers are unable to access encrypted (i.e., coded) e-mail or messages. This means that our message, if misrouted or intercepted, could be read more easily than encrypted messages. For this reason, please do not include confidential information, such as your credit card number, in any e-mail or text you send to us or on any posting you make to a public area of a third party social network page, especially since any such posting immediately becomes public.
We take reasonable measures to protect against the loss, misuse and unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration and destruction of your personal information by aiming to maintain appropriate physical, organizational and technological safeguards to protect your personal information, including:
- Restricting access to personal information to our employees on a "need to know" basis;
- Enforcing policies and procedures for our employees in their handling of personal information;
- Using technologies designed to safeguard data during its transmission, such as SSL encryption for the data you provide on our websites and apps. In particular, we adhere to the appropriate standards for PCI compliance; and
- Destroying personal information after it is no longer needed.
We have established safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of your personal information, but cannot guarantee that your personal information will never be disclosed in a manner inconsistent with this policy (for example, as a result of unauthorized acts by third parties that violate applicable law or our policies and those of our affiliated providers). We may use a password to help verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to any of your personal information. It is your responsibility to safeguard your password, which you should never disclose to a third party. If you contact us by phone, we will ask you to verify certain information related to your account before providing any access to personal information.
If you would like to access, delete, correct or ensure the accuracy of your personal information for
By using the
We utilize servers in various locations in Canada and the United States of America. Please note that the laws governing the processing of personal information in the United States of America may not be as rigorous as they are in Canada or other nations, and in some jurisdictions your personal information may be accessed by law enforcement authorities or the courts. If you have any questions regarding our policies and practices relating to storage and processing of personal information outside of Canada, please contact us using the contact information listed under How to Contact Us below.
In connection with your use of the
You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. Please note, however, that withdrawing consent may affect our ability to provide products and services and maintain our relationship.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns or wish to obtain further information about our personal information policies and procedures, or if you wish to access your personal information or change any consent regarding our use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-490-9077. We will respond within thirty days after receipt of your request, subject to extension under applicable law.