The braking systems on the Cayenne models offer impressive performance, even when fully laden and with a braked trailer load of up to 3,500 kg.
Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)
Derived from the world of motorsport to make every-day driving even more dynamic: the Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) is proven on the racetrack and therefore an excellent example of the Porsche philosophy. The key advantage of PCCB is a total weight saving of approximately 50% compared with equivalent cast-iron discs. As well as enhancing performance and fuel economy, the unsprung and rotating masses are lightened. The results are better handling and road-holding plus greater ride comfort.
Electric parking brake
Manually activated and deactivated, the electric parking brake releases automatically as you drive off.
Automatic hold function
With the automatic hold function, you can pull away on the flat or a slope without ever rolling back.
1. Brakes on Cayenne Diesel, disc diameter (front/rear) 350 mm/330 mm
2. Brakes on Cayenne S and Cayenne S Diesel, disc diameter (front/rear) 360 mm/330 mm
3. Brakes on Cayenne S E-Hybrid, disc diameter (front/rear) 360 mm/330 mm
4. Brakes on Cayenne GTS and Cayenne Turbo, disc diameter (front/rear) 390 mm/358 mm
5. Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) (standard on the Cayenne Turbo S): disc diameter (front/rear) 420 mm/370 mm