October - December
The winner at the
Porsche Awards 2008 comes from GermanyAwards for the best international commercial films by students
Stuttgart. Students were honoured last night for their contributions at
the fifth "
at the Baden-Württemberg Film Academy in Ludwigsburg.
Dr. Ing. h.c. F.
The top prize went to "Pure Performance" by Mario Zozin from the Film Academy Baden-Württemberg, Germany. Second place has even been awarded two times by the international top-class jury of experts, to Thilo Ewers for his commercial "They Will Come To Town" and to Aleksander Bach for "I Love You", both also from the Film Academy Baden-
Württemberg. Third place went to Galed Hamed from the Netherlands Film and Television Academy, Amsterdam, with "Children". A special award went to Adrian Jäschke, Gregor Türk and Katja Wörz from the Akademie U5, Munich/Germany for the particularly original contribution "Sakromat".
Apart from the overall artistic impression, the jury also based their judgement on the interplay of idea, script, direction and camera work. All four winners received a "David" trophy and a certificate. In the spirit of the classic "
"You have all impressed us with your contributions - your creative power and your technical skills. You all deserve special recognition," commented Stefan Büscher, Head of Marketing/Communications at
In all, 81 commercials were entered in the contest this year by students from film, design and art colleges in ten countries. In the preselection process for the shortlist, the jury chose the following "Top Ten":
1. "Recycle", director: Juliet Lashinsky-Revene, Columbia University, USA
2. "Sakromat", directors: Adrian Jäschke, Gregor Türk, Katja Wörz, Akademie U5, Munich, Germany
3. "The Museum", director: Austin Formato, UCLA, USA
4. "Monster", director: Scott Pickett, Australian Film Television and Radio School, Australia
5. "Pure Performance", director: Mario Zozin, Baden-Württemberg Film Academy, Germany
6. "I Love You", director: Aleksander Bach, Baden-Württemberg Film Academy, Germany
7. "They Will Come To Town", director: Thilo Ewers, Baden-Württemberg Film Academy, Germany
8. "Busballet", director: Milo Christian Mielmann, Baden-Württemberg Film Academy, Germany
9. "Stop Thinking", director: Michiel Rummens, Netherland Film and Television Academy, Netherlands
10. |"Children", director: Galed Hamed, Netherland Film and Television Academy, Netherlands
Note: Picture materials from the event are available to accredited journalists for download from the