October - December
Porsche 911 RSR on the second grid rowSports Car World Endurance Championship WEC, round 5 in Fuji/Japan, Qualifying GT
Dr. Frank-Steffen Walliser,
Frédéric Makowiecki (#92): “We found a good set-up in free practice. We have to change a few things for the race, but we’re on the right track. We’re matching Ferrari’s pace. The race runs over six hours and we’ll do our very best.”
Patrick Pilet (#92): “That wasn’t an easy stint. My tyres worked really well for two laps but then they dropped off rapidly and this made our car hard to drive. For the race we have to improve the balance, but basically it’s good. In qualifying it’s not quite enough yet for a front spot, but the situation could look very different in the race.”
Jörg Bergmeister (#91): “The car proved difficult to drive at first but then it progressively improved. Had I not made a mistake in my last lap I would have been further up the grid.”
Richard Lietz (#91): “I did my best and I’m happy with the result. The car felt good. Unfortunately, the balance came a little late and I had to pit again. I think we’ve found a good race set-up and this makes me optimistic. We knew we’d have it tough in qualifying, but the race is six hours long and a lot can happen.”
The race in Fuji starts on Sunday at 11.00 hrs local time (04.00 hrs CEST). TV station Eurosport airs a one-hour wrap-up at 10.30 hrs CEST.
1. MacDowall/O’Young/Rees (GB/HK/BRA), Aston Martin Vantage, 1:39.886 minutes
2. Turner/Mücke (GB/D), Aston Martin Vantage, + 0.345 sec.
3. Makowiecki/Pilet (F/F),
4. Rigon/Calado (I/GB), Ferrari F458 Italia, + 0.485
5. Bruni/Vilander (I/SF), Ferrari 458 Italia, + 0.514
6. Bergmeister/Lietz (D/A),
1. Lamy/Dalla Lana/Nygaard (P/CAN/DK), Aston Martin Vantage, 1:40.230 minutes
2. Wyatt/Rugolo/Bertolini (AUS/I/I), Ferrari F 458 Italia, + 0.394 sec.
3. Poulsen/Heinemeier-Hansson/Stanaway (DK/DK/NZ), Aston Martin, + 0.408
4. Curtis/Bleekemolen/Skeen (USA/NL/USA), Ferrari F458 Italia, + 0,446
5. Collard/Perrodo/Vaxivière (FRA/FRA/FRA),
6. Ried/Bachler/Al Qubaisi (D/A/UAE),
The Sports Car World Endurance Championship WEC
Sports prototypes and GT vehicles contest the WEC (Sports Car World Endurance Championship) in four classes: LMP1 (e.g.
Please note: Photo and video material of the Sports Car World Endurance Championship WEC are available for accredited journalists from the