April - June
Winners of "David 2006" come from Germany and India
Porsche again honors the best student advertising films in the world
Stuttgart. Prizes for the "
In an official ceremony, awards were presented for the following works: The top, international expert jury awarded first prize to Laurentius Emmelmann from the Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg, Ludwigsburg, for the advertisment "Rosenkrieg". Second prize went to Baran bo Odar of the Hochschule für Fernsehen und Film, HFF, Munich, for his advertisement "Hadi Mini". Third prize was claimed by Amit Raj from the Film and TV Institute of India for his advertisment “No Title”. The special prize for fourth place was presented for the particularly original work of Jens Junker and Philip Haucke, HFF Munich for their film "Kiosk 1/Kiosk 2".
The jury assessed the artistic interplay of idea, screenplay, direction and camera. All four winners were each received a "David" trophy as part of their award. In keeping with the classic "
By awarding the "David" – a trophy in the shape of a slingshot fashioned in gold, silver, bronze, and natural stone –
"We see a winner in each one of you – because you decided to take part in the competition and in doing so accepted a challenge," said Stefan Büscher, Head of Marketing & Communication at
After the success of the competition that was first brought to life in 2004 by the Film Academy and
The following ten advertisements were selected for the final round:
1) Kiosk 1/Kiosk 2, Director: Jens Junker/ Philip Haucke, HFF Munich.
2) Rosenkrieg, Director: Laurentius Emmelmann, Baden-Württemberg Film Academy.
3) Heaven, Director: Emmanuel Q. Palo, Film and TV Institute of India, Pune.
4) Hadi Mini, Director: Baran bo Odar, HFF Munich.
5) Parkhaus, Director: Laurentius Emmelmann, Baden-Württemberg Film Academy.
6) No title, Director: Amit Raj, Film and TV Institute of India, Pune.
7) Ohren, Director: Toni Nottebohm, HFF Munich.
8) The bad one, Director: Mike Viebrock, HFF Munich. 9) Kleine Schwester, Director: Eva Zillekens, HFF Munich.
10) Kasperletheater, Director: Moritz Laube, German Film and Television Academy, Berlin.
As a special award, all ten shortlisted films and the winning advertisements from the Cannes Advertising Film Festival (June 18 to 24, 2006) will be released on DVD in July (available from: www.shots.net).
Note: Photo material from the event is available to accredited journalists for download at the