Privacy Collection Notice
Please read the following important information before submitting your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, such as service providers that provide services on our behalf including payment processors, roadside assistance providers and Official
We may use your personal information to conduct market research and send you marketing information about
Contact: Manager, CRM & Customer Relations
Telephone: 1800 711 911
2. Collection of personal information
PCA will not collect personal information about you unless that information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. PCA will collect personal information only by fair and lawful means, including from third parties, websites, social media channels, email or personal meetings with you. The personal or sensitive information we may collect includes your:
- contact and personal details (e.g.: your phone number, credit card, home/email address); and
- current and past interactions with us, as well as your personal preferences, vehicle, warranty and service details.
When PCA collects personal information directly from you, we will take reasonable steps at or before the time of collection to ensure that you are aware of certain key matters, such as:
- the purposes for which we are collecting the information;
- the organisations (or types of organisations) to which we would normally disclose information of that kind;
- the fact that you are usually able to access the information; and
- the identity of our organisation and how to contact us.
PCA will collect information directly from you where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, for example, when you register to attend a
Where PCA collects personal information about you from third parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the details set out above.
In general, there is no law which specifically requires us to collect particular information from you. In general, if all or part of the information is not collected by us, we will not be able to provide you with the relevant product, service or information.
3. Use and disclosure of personal information
If PCA uses or discloses your personal information for a purpose (secondary purpose) other than the main reason for which it was originally collected (primary purpose) to the extent required by the Privacy Act we will ensure that:
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection, and you would reasonably expect that PCA would use or disclose your personal information in that way; or
- you have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose; or
- the use or disclosure is required by an enforcement authority or authorised by or under law.
PCA collects, uses and discloses your personal information in relation to:
- the sale or marketing of automotive events or products to you;
- the financing, servicing or repair of those products; and
- associated administrative purposes.
Specific activities PCA undertakes include sending you order confirmation and welcome kits, administering warranty claims, conducting market research, sending you information about
PCA may disclose your personal information as permitted by law or to third parties (e.g., external contractors such as our roadside assistance provider, payment processors, mailing houses and advertising agencies, or related companies of PCA in Australia and in other countries or to an OPC) for the purpose of fulfilling one or more of the above purposes. Your personal information may also be disclosed to fulfil legal requirements or obligations, such as to respond to requests from law enforcement agencies.
PCA requires external contractors to comply with PCA's requirements in relation to confidentiality and privacy.
4. Data quality and security
To the extent required by the Privacy Act, PCA will take reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- store the personal information that we hold to protect it from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose that is permitted by the Privacy Act.
PCA assumes no responsibility for the privacy practices of other organisations or websites (for example, those of third parties selling
5. Cookies & Consent
PCA websites use DoubleClick and
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your anonymous IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by
PCA may share the
By accepting the terms of this Policy and using this website, you expressly consent to:
- the collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information for each of the purposes and to all parties referred to in this Policy; and
- the processing of data about you by
6. Openness and accountability
7. Access and correction of your personal information
Please contact PCA if you would like to exercise your right to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you. PCA will generally provide you with access to your personal information (although an administration fee may be imposed). PCA will take reasonable steps to amend any personal information about you which is inaccurate or out of date.
In some circumstances, PCA may not permit access to your personal information or may refuse to correct your personal information (in which case we will provide you with written reasons for this decision).
8. Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
If PCA transfers your personal information to other organisations outside Australia, we will comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act that relate to transborder data flows.
PCA may disclose your personal information to related bodies corporate of PCA and third party service providers outside of Australia, including those located in Germany, Asia and the USA. Those related bodies corporate of PCA and third party service providers will handle your personal information for the purposes set out in section 3 of this policy.
9. Contact and further information
Please contact us if you have any queries about the personal information that PCA holds about you or the way we handle that personal information, including if you wish to opt out from receiving any communications from us. Our contact details for privacy queries are set out below:
Contact: Manager, CRM & Customer Relations
Telephone: 1800 711 911 Postal address: 109-111 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne VIC 8002
Email address: email@example.com
Further information about the Privacy Act and APPs can be found at the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
10. Concerns or Complaints
Please contact us using the above details if you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by PCA. If you raise a concern or complaint about privacy, we will try and investigate it and respond to you within 30 days. If you are unhappy with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner on (1300) 363 992 or visit www.oaic.gov.au.
Policy last updated: June 2022