ATLANTA, June 7, 2006 — Responding to the news that it now ranks as the top nameplate in the J.D. Power and Associates 2006 Initial Quality Study, Porsche Cars of North America, Inc. said its overall score of 91, which was 33 points above the industry average and two points above the second-place nameplate in IQS, was the result of the performance of its model lineup.
Porsche said its own internal intelligence substantiated this trend and it agreed with the findings from J.D. Power and Associate’s 2006 IQS that for the first time in years, a new brand leads the IQS nameplate rankings. This year Porsche is the highest-ranking nameplate. Porsche’s success is due to the exceptional performance of all its models. Additionally, the Cayman is the highest-ranking model in its compact premium sporty car segment and ties for model with the fewest quality problems in the industry.
For 2006, among the major highlights for Porsche in this study are:
1. Porsche is the top nameplate for 2006 in the IQS study-ending the five-year reign of another nameplate.
2. Porsche all-new car model, the 2006 Cayman S, is the highest in its segment. Even more remarkably, the Cayman S tied for the vehicle with the fewest quality problems.
According to J.D. Power and Associates, the all-new Cayman launched with exceptional quality, among the highest of any models in the study...The performance of the Cayman, ties for the vehicle with the fewest quality problems.
3. Porsche received the Bronze Plant Quality Award for its European Valmet facility.
4. Porsche’s 911 was the 2nd highest-ranked vehicle in the premium sporty car segment and it tied for the 5th vehicle with the fewest quality problems overall.
5. The Porsche Boxster ranked 3rd in its compact premium sporty car segment.
6. Finally, the Cayenne ranked 4th vehicle in its midsize premium MAV segment.
Clearly, Porsche cars are meeting and exceeding its customers' expectations from every important point of initial ownership: design, engineering, performance, and quality.
Learn more about the Cayman S.
Explore the new Cayman within our interactive web special.