• New convertible edition of 911 Carrera on sale in March 3 2012
• Roof mechanism features innovative, intelligent lightweight design to reduce weight
• Choice of rear-mounted, flat-six engines offering efficient power and outstanding dynamic performance; 350 hp 3.4-litre and 400 hp 3.8-litre
• 911 Carrera Cabriolet priced from £79,947, 911 Carrera S Cabriolet priced from £89,740
On sale in March 2012, the new Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet offers sporting drivers the option to enjoy the renowned dynamic qualities and iconic design of the 911 Coupe combined with the added versatility and driving pleasure offered by its folding convertible roof.
The 911 Cabriolet naturally shares its new, high tech aluminium-steel body with the Coupe, and the convertible extends this innovation to its all-new, unique hood. When raised, the design of the hood ensures the iconic 911 roof line is retained in its entirety. Intelligent lightweight design, including the use of magnesium in the hood frame, ensures reduced weight for increased responsiveness, lower fuel consumption and greater comfort. As is the case with the Coupe model, the new 911 Cabriolet is significantly lighter overall than its predecessor.
Combined with lower weight, the new 911 Cabriolet models share the longer wheelbase, wider front track and the new electro-mechanical power steering of their Coupe siblings, ensuring the open-roofed models offer more sporting driving characteristics, greater precision and agility compared to the prior model. Likewise, front and rear overhangs are shorter, maintaining the compact footprint that has been a longstanding 911 attribute. In addition, there are further standard or optional active control systems available that further enhance the driving dynamics.
The new 911 Cabriolet models offer the same charismatic line-up of rear-mounted, flat-six engines as the Coupé equivalents of the benchmark sportscar. The
911 Carrera Cabriolet features a 3.4-litre engine generating 350 hp (257 kW), driving the rear wheels through a seven-speed manual transmission.
The Carrera S Cabriolet offers a 3.8-litre engine developing 400 hp (294 kW), also coupled to a seven-speed manual transmission as standard. Consequently, the open-top 911 models share the characteristic efficiency for which the 911 is renowned; both models return over 28.0 mpg Combined (NEDC).
The 911 Carrera Cabriolet offers the seven-speed Porsche Doppelkupplungsgetriebe (PDK) double-clutch transmission as an option, delivering even lower fuel consumption and shorter acceleration times.
The 911 Carrera Cabriolet models go on sale in the UK on March 3 2012.
The 911 Carrera Cabriolet is priced from £79,947, the 911 Carrera S Cabriolet from £89,740.
Fitted to every 911 Carrera Cabriolet is a Porsche Vehicle Tracking System (VTS), a sophisticated vehicle security package approved to Thatcham Category 5 standard, and customers will also be able to explore the potential of their new car by participating in a complimentary course at the Porsche Experience Centre, Silverstone.
* The latest Porsche models are designed to operate on fuels with an ethanol content of up to 10%. Data determined for standard specification and in the NEDC (New European Driving Cycle) in accordance with the Euro 5 (715/2007/EC and 692/2008/EC) measurement method. The figures do not refer to an individual vehicle nor do they constitute part of the offer. They are intended solely as a means of comparing different types of vehicle. You can obtain further information about individual vehicles from your Porsche Centre.
Consumption figures were obtained on the basis of standard equipment. Special equipment may affect consumption and performance.