• Improved performance and everyday practicality in cold weather and adverse driving conditions
• ‘Winter’ wheel and tyre sets available at Porsche Centres priced from £1,500 including VAT and fitting
• Enjoy uninterrupted driving pleasure in the colder months
A Porsche has been designed for everyday use, so there is no reason why it should be forced to take shelter in the garage for the winter months. A wide range of ‘winter’ wheel and tyre sets are now available from Porsche that have been designed primarily for added safety, but also offer improved performance and everyday practicality in cold weather and difficult driving conditions.
Below +7 °C, the tyre compound of a typical ‘summer’ tyre begins to harden and braking distances are increased. As parts of the UK have experienced particularly harsh winter weather over the past couple of years, Porsche recommends the use of ‘N’-rated ‘winter’ tyres below this temperature to ensure continued driving pleasure throughout the colder months.
The benefits of winter tyres include:
• braking distances are shorter compared with summer tyres;
• traction is increased on slippery surfaces;
• your vehicle will continue to provide the high standards of driving safety for which Porsche is renowned;
• the tyres have been optimised to produce less noise, rolling resistance is reduced and fuel economy is improved
In addition, tyres with the Porsche ‘N’-rating are designed exclusively for Porsche vehicles and meet high standards for driving stability, comfort and fuel consumption. They also offer optimum compatibility with the functions of Porsche chassis control systems, with no risk of damage to components or wheel clearance problems. They also meet Porsche requirements for durability and stability at high speed. The ‘N’-rating (N0, N1 etc) is shown on the tyre sidewall.
The Porsche winter wheel and tyre sets are also styled to complement your vehicle for an overall sporting appearance. Choosing a complete wheel and tyre set reduces the risk of wheel damage during tyre replacement, and also avoids having to separately balance each wheel again. Once the Porsche Centre has changed the wheels over, it can store the summer tyres until ready to be fitted in the spring.
© 2014 Porsche Cars Great Britain Ltd. Legal notice.
* The latest Porsche models are designed to operate on fuels with an ethanol content of up to 10%. Data determined for standard specification and in the NEDC (New European Driving Cycle) in accordance with the Euro 5 and Euro 6 (715/2007/EC and 692/2008/EC) measurement method. The figures do not refer to an individual vehicle nor do they constitute part of the offer. They are intended solely as a means of comparing different types of vehicle. You can obtain further information about individual vehicles from your Porsche Centre.
Consumption figures were obtained on the basis of standard equipment. Special equipment may affect consumption and performance.