Stuttgart. Sportscar manufacturer Porsche has emerged as a triple winner in the Auto Trophy 2013 awards: Around 100,000 readers of specialist magazine “Auto Zeitung” voted the Porsche 918 Spyder1) into the top spot in the “Super sportscar” category. The 911 Carrera2) was granted a double victory by readers: The 911 Coupé model won in the “Sportscar” category, while the 911 Cabriolet secured the victory in the “Cabriolet models over EUR 30,000” category.
Matthias Müller, President and CEO of Porsche AG, Bernhard Maier, Member of the Executive Board Sales and Marketing of Porsche AG, and Dr. Oliver Blume, Member of the Executive Board Production and Logistics of Porsche AG, accepted the awards today at the prize-giving ceremony in Düsseldorf, Germany. As the award for the 918 Spyder as best super sportscar was handed over, Müller said: “The award for the 918 Spyder is a clear sign that the hybrid drive has a terrific future ahead of it in the sportscar segment.” When accepting the award for the Porsche 911 Carrera models, Maier said: “The 911 is 50 years young and has never been so appealing”. As the award for the 911 Carrera Cabriolet was handed over, Dr. Blume added: “These awards and the models’ success on the market are proof of that.”
There were also other successes to be celebrated by Porsche in the readers’ poll: In addition to the title prize, the 918 Spyder took second place in the “Cabriolet models over EUR 30,000” category. The Panamera3) took the runner-up position in the “Luxury class” category, as did the Cayenne4) in the “SUV models over EUR 30,000” category.
This is the 26th time that the Auto Trophy awards have been held; the voting for the awards takes place at regular intervals and involves over 100,000 readers of Auto Zeitung. Around 400 different models were in the running in total, in 29 separate categories. The 911 Carrera has long reigned supreme as the serial winner in the sportscar segment.
1) Porsche 918 Spyder: combined fuel consumption: 3.1 – 3.0 litres/100 km; combined energy consumption: 12.7 kWh/100 km; CO2 emissions: 72 – 70 g/km
2) Porsche 911 Carrera: combined fuel consumption: 10,0 – 8.2 litres/100 km; CO2 emissions: 235 – 191 g/km
3) Panamera: combined fuel consumption: 10.7 – 6.4 litres/100 km; CO2 emissions: 249 – 169 g/km
4) Porsche Cayenne: combined fuel consumption: 11.5 – 7.2 litres/100 km; CO2 emissions: 270 – 189 g/km
© 2014 Porsche Cars Great Britain Ltd. Legal notice.
* The latest Porsche models are designed to operate on fuels with an ethanol content of up to 10%. Data determined for standard specification and in the NEDC (New European Driving Cycle) in accordance with the Euro 5 and Euro 6 (715/2007/EC and 692/2008/EC) measurement method. The figures do not refer to an individual vehicle nor do they constitute part of the offer. They are intended solely as a means of comparing different types of vehicle. You can obtain further information about individual vehicles from your Porsche Centre.
Consumption figures were obtained on the basis of standard equipment. Special equipment may affect consumption and performance.