Austrian Clemens Schmid set the fastest time in official practice for Round 1 of the 2011-12 Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Middle East at Dubai Autodrome this morning.
The experienced Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup driver clocked a time of 1:40.561 ahead of Oman’s Ahmad Al Harthy, 1:41.112, who is making his debut in the Porsche one-make series, and Saudi Arabia’s Bandar Alesayi, 1:41.203.
Saudi’s Prince Abdulaziz Al Faisal, 1:41.371, Belgian driver Stephane Lemeret, 1:41.424, who is taking Dubai’s Al Nabooda Racing into the series for the first time, and Saudi Saeed Al Mouri, 1:42.193, completed the top six.
1. Clemens Schmid (AUT) 1:40.561
2. Ahmad Al Harthy (OM) Oman Air Racing 1:41.112
3. Bandar Alesayi (KSA) Alesayi Racing 1:41.203
4. Abdulaziz Al Faisal (KSA) Saudi Falcons 1:41.371
5. Stephane Lemeret (BEL) Al Nabooda Racing 1:41.424
6. Saeed Al Mouri KSA) Saudi Falcons 1:42.193
7. Mark Thomas (CAN) 1:42.929
8. Rob Frijns (NL) 1:43.396
9. Hans Guido Riegel (GER) Haribo Racing 1:43.720
10. Saadon Al Kuwari (QA) 1:43.744