The Porsche newsroom is a service provided by the Porsche Communication for journalists, bloggers and online multipliers. www.newsroom.porsche.com
This section contains a complete list of our press releases.
Stuttgart. Porsche AG in Zuffenhausen again set records last year with 162,145 delivered sports cars and yet another record turnover of more than 14.3 billion euros. And for years now, the growth in staff has been also record-breaking: while at the onset of 2010, there were around 12,700 employees working at Porsche Group, now there are over 21,000. 18,600 of them are working in Germany. The sports car maker has initiated a variety of measures to master the huge challenges this growth brings about for the organisation and infrastructure.
For example, Porsche AG has announced just a few weeks ago that it will be investing around 200 million euros more per year in its locations. With Porsche caregiver leave, optional working hours, voluntary leave for personal reasons, home office and day care centres at the locations in the Stuttgart region incorporated in current employment agreements, the sports car manufacturer has reacted to the changed needs of its employees, thus getting fit for the employment market of the future.
"73,000 applications in 2013 and numerous first places in the rankings among employers underscore the attractiveness of Porsche for employees," says Thomas Edig, Member of the Executive Board for Human Resources and Social Affairs and Deputy Chairman of Porsche AG. One has to bear in mind, though, that this attractiveness is to a large extent owing to the enthusiasm for the sports cars of the brand. "So it's even more vital," Thomas Edig emphasises, "to bring the company to life for applicants and employees as an employer brand – now more than ever. Not least since we bear in mind that the company has not always been a trendsetter especially when it came to the demands of university graduates. It is important that we present ourselves more persuasively as an attractive employer to this target group: as a premium manufacturer working on the technologies of the future. A churn rate of 0.61 percent shows, on the other hand, that our work in terms of staff has been maintained at an excellent level in the past. That's proven by the fact we have filled 90 percent of the positions at the first and second executive levels with our own people."
Whether technical or executive staff – Porsche offers women as well as men a broad range of possibilities for development, because as a premium manufacturer, the company is working on the cutting-edge technology of the future. In this context, Thomas Edig is also referring to those topics revolving around e-mobility and networked vehicle technology. Or to motor racing, which offers junior engineers in particular the opportunity of acquiring while young enormous skills and know-how with the development of new technologies. Many of the graduates come from those universities in
Baden-Württemberg that have implemented a work-study system and with which Porsche has a close relationship due to the fact that they ideally combine theory and practice. Porsche will offer another incentive to graduates from these and other universities in the future by way of a trainee programme, for which graduates with special academic achievements can apply.
Facts and figures:
1. Employment agreements
Porsche caregiver leave
• Start: March 1, 2014
• Leave of absence for a maximum of three months in the event of an imminent situation of care required by close family members.
• Continuing 75 percent of the gross monthly salary.
Arrangement applies to the care of parents, grandparents, parents in-law, spouses, partners, partners in a common law marriage, siblings, children, adopted children or foster children as well as children, adopted children or foster children of the spouse or partner, sons and daughters in law and grandchildren.
Precondition: Applicable to employees (also in partial retirement) with permanent contracts and job tenure of at least six months upon presenting a medical certificate of the expected need for care of the family member.
Costs: employer and employee bear half of the costs each. The share of the employee is funded from the adjustment fund of the framework agreement on payment (ERA).
• Goals: improved compatibility of family and work; boost in motivation and satisfaction at work.
• Applies to employees with permanent contracts and job tenure of at least six months.
• Limited to four percent of the staff.
• Maximum two days per week.
Working hours adjusted to phase of life
• Freedom of choice in the arrangement of one's working hours in accordance with personal needs (optional working hours).
• At the request of the employee, working hours can be reduced from 35 hours a week to approx. 20 hours per week; limited to a time period of a maximum of two years.
Voluntary leave for personal reasons
• A longer leave for personal reasons (maximum 12 months) to facilitate individual life planning.
• The employee receives compensation for the entire duration in accordance with the agreed lowered factor.
• Child care places by way of cooperation projects with a total of four day care centres in the proximity of the locations (Zuffenhausen, Weissach, Mönsheim, Sachsenheim).
• Porsche vacation programme: (six-week summer) school holiday programme in cooperation with the Stuttgart "Jugendhaus Gesellschaft".
• Children from 5 to 14 can be registered in various projects.
• The costs for the employee amount to 50 to 75 euro per child and week.
2. Porsche in figures
Number of employees (as at December 31)
• 2010: 12,700
• 2011: 15,307
• 2012: 17,502
• 2013: 19,456
• 2014 (status: May 31): 21,134
Employees by gender
• 17,532 male
• 3,602 female (17 percent).
2013 fiscal year (compared to 2012)
• Deliveries: 162,145 vehicles (increase of 15 percent)
• Turnover: EUR 14.3 billion (increase of three percent)
• EBIT: just under EUR 2.6 billion (increase of six percent)
Note: Photographs are available for download to accredited journalists from the Porsche press database at the Web site: https://presse.porsche.de.
Further information and pictures for journalists and media representatives can be found on the Porsche press database at http://presse.porsche.de/.
For general enquiries and comments please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Hans-Gerd Bode||Director Communications|
|Achim Schneider||General Manager Corporate Press|
|Matthias Rauter||Human Resources and CSR|
|Julia Pirlich||Local Press Leipzig|
|Lukas Kunze||Sales and Production Stuttgart|
|Helga Ohlhäuser||Lifestyle Communication and Public Media|
|Eberhard Scholl||Local Press Stuttgart|
|Frank Scholtys||Head of Financial Communication and Investor Relations|
|Dr. Roman Tancar||Financial Communication and Investor Relations|
|Christian Weiss||Porsche Design|
|Thomas Becki||Head of Product and Technical Communications|
|Hermann-Josef Stappen||Technical Communications|
|Elena Marciniak||Model Range: 911, Boxster/Cayman|
|Tim Bravo||Product Communications|
|Holger Eckhardt||Motorsport WEC/LMP1|
|Thomas Hagg||Model Range: Panamera, Cayenne, Macan|
|Oliver Hilger||Motorsport Communication GT|
|Nicole Lay||Porsche Museum|
|Andreas Schönhuber||Test Vehicles|
|Achim Stejskal||Head of Porsche Museum|
|Dieter Landenberger||Historical Archive|
* Valeurs déterminées suivant la méthode de mesure euro 5 (715/2007/CE, 692/2008/CE, 566/2011/CE, ECE-R 101) et la méthode de mesure Euro 6 (715/2007/CE, 195/2013/CE, ECE-R 101.01) du nouveau cycle de conduite européen NEDC (New European Drive Cycle). Ces informations ne se rapportent pas à un véhicule spécifique et ne font pas partie de l'offre. Elles permettent uniquement de comparer différents modèles. Consommation déterminée avec l'équipement de série. Les équipements optionnels peuvent modifier la consommation et les performances routières.
La consommation et les émissions de CO2 d'un véhicule ne dépendent pas uniquement du bon rendement du moteur, mais également du style de conduite et de facteurs extérieurs autres que techniques. Les moteurs à essence des modèles Porsche actuels sont conçus pour accepter des carburants contenant jusqu'à 10 % d'éthanol. Pour obtenir de plus amples informations sur les différents véhicules, contactez le Réseau Officiel Porsche.