1. System electronics
2. 7.0-cm mid-range centerfill speaker
3. 2.5-cm Neodym high-range speakers
4. AudioPilot® microphone
5. 8.0-cm Neodym mid-range speaker 20.0-cm Nd® low-range speaker
6. 2.5-cm Neodym high-range speaker 8.0-cm Neodym mid-range speaker
7. 911 Turbo: two 13.0-cm low-range speakers in 14-litre bass reflex enclosure with TSM switching amplifier. 911 Turbo Cabriolet: one low-range speaker in bass reflex enclosure with TSM switching amplifier in front passenger footwell
The standard BOSE® Surround Sound System is optimally matched to the specific interior acoustics. A total of 13 loudspeakers (12 in the 911 Turbo Cabriolet models), including an active subwoofer and central speaker, and a seven-channel digital amplifier with a rated output of 385 watts ensure an impressive sound experience.
When playing music from audio or video DVDs, the system now has the impressive sound spectrum of digital 5.1 recording.
Five dedicated audio channels (front left, front right, centre, surround left, surround right) and a power channel for the bass frequencies deliver a sound that is as authentic as it is natural. The 5.1 Discrete Surround Sound is balanced, lifelike and crystal clear. A 360-degree sound experience that is as close to a live performance as you could imagine.
Naturally, you can also play conventional CDs, either in stereo or in one of the surround modes generated by the BOSE® Centerpoint® technology. The algorithm of Centerpoint® II extracts a precise and realistic sound from the stereo signal.
To complement these features, the BOSE® Surround Sound System offers a comprehensive selection of equaliser presets for customised sound. The dynamic loudness function emphasises the bass notes as the volume decreases to compensate for the diminishing sensitivity of the human hearing at these frequencies. In addition, the AudioPilot® Noise Compensation Technology uses a microphone to continuously measure the ambient noise inside the vehicle and adapts music playback automatically, to give a constant sound quality in all driving conditions.
In short, you are sitting in a concert hall – one of the fastest there is.