Stuttgart. Yesterday evening, for the seventh time, students were honored for their entries with the “Porsche Award” in the Baden-Wuerttemberg Film Academy in Ludwigsburg. Since 2004, the Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, has been the main and title sponsor of the annual competition for the “Porsche International Student Advertising Film Award”.
With François Chilot, Managing Director of the advertising film production company Les Producers, Paris, Lyndy Stout, publisher of the international advertising film publication “shots”, London, Michael M. Maschke, Creative Director of Saatchi & Saatchi Germany, Frankfurt am Main, as well as German actor Ralph Herforth, the jury is once again of the highest quality. In addition to the overall artistic performance, they evaluate the interplay of ideas, script, direction and camera.
First Prize goes to Marie Dvorakova of the Tisch School of the Arts, New York University, for her advertising spot “Steenbeckstory”. Second Prize is awarded to Simon Ritzler of the Baden-Wuerttemberg Film Academy Ludwigsburg for his spot “Hero”. The jury has awarded Third Prize to Isabel Prahl of the Kunsthochschule für Medien Cologne for her entry “Poverty Tells Many Stories”. The Special Prize is this time given to two directors for their particularly original entries. Besides Johnny Cullen of the Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art Design & Technology for “Happy Birthday Timmy” also Alain Friedrichs of the Netherlands Film & Television Academy has been awarded with the Special Prize for “Cinestud 2010”.
As in the previous years, the winners were honored by the sports car manufacturer with cash prizes – based upon the classic Porsche 911 with EUR 3,911, EUR 2,911 and EUR 1,911. The Special Prize is provided by co-sponsor Germanwings in the form of flight vouchers. Moreover, each of all winners again takes home a trophy in the shape of a slingshot – as a symbol that film newcomers with know-how and creativity can develop targeted success in the industry.
“Today, we must be more flexible than ever – foremost in our minds. Their creative entries show that we are on the right course. They have superbly realized forceful ideas – and have convinced us”, emphasized Stefan Büscher, Head of Marketing Communication at Porsche AG, in reference to all ten shortlist candidates.
For this years competition, there were a total of 96 works entered by students from film, design and art schools from 17 countries. As previously, Germany represented the majority of entries with 41 advertising spots, closely followed by the Netherlands with 21, along with Singapore with 9 spots. In addition, works were submitted by students from the USA, Australia, South Africa, China, India and Nigeria; from Sweden, England, Israel, Ireland, Poland, Serbia and from Switzerland.
The following “Top Ten” were nominated in a preselection by the jury for the shortlist:
1. Rimowa Hotel (Justus Becker & Team, Filmakademie Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany);
2. Amnesty International (Hugo Lilja & Team, Dramatiska Institutet, Sweden);
3. Poverty Tells Many Stories (Isabel Prahl & Team, Kunsthochschule für Medien Cologne, Germany);
4. Steenbeckstory (Marie Dvorakova & Team, Tisch School of the Arts, New York University, USA);
5. Closer (Stephanie Wagner & Team, Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg, Germany);
6. Happy Birthday Timmy (Johnny Cullen & Team, Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art Design & Technology, Ireland);
7. Hero (Simon Ritzler & Team, Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg, Germany);
8. The Dream is Coming (Josef Kubota Wladyka & Team, New York University, Graduate Film, USA);
9. Typewriter (Andreas Roth & Team, Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg, Germany);
10. Cinestud 2010 (Alain Friedrichs & Team, Netherlands Film & Television Academy, Netherlands).
As in previous years, prizes were presented by well-known representatives of the international advertising and film industry, as well as industry and commerce. The competition not only provides the participants with an opportunity to exchange ideas with one another, but also to prove their creative potential to established advertising professionals and to initiate contact with them.
© 2014 Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. Legal notice.
* These data were obtained using the Euro 5 measurement method (715/2007/EC and 692/2008/EC) in the NEDC (New European Driving Cycle) with standard equipment. The information does not refer to an individual vehicle and is not part of the offer, but is simply provided so that comparisons can be made between different types of vehicle. Further, up to date information on the individual vehicles can be obtained from your Porsche Centre.
Consumption figures were obtained on the basis of standard equipment. Special equipment may affect consumption and performance.