When you pick up your new Porsche, you will need a copy of the Monroney Label given to you by your Porsche Centre. You must leave this copy with your Delivery Center Consultant. You will also need a current passport and a valid driver’s license. (An international driver’s license – available at nominal cost through any AAA auto club office – is suggested to avoid language problems while touring Europe. If you have only your stateside or Canadian license, some countries could request notarized translations.) Any additional insurance premiums will be due at this time (see insurance section).
At the time of delivery, in addition to one pristine new Porsche with a full tank of gasoline, your European Delivery Consultant will present you with the following documents:
- Owner’s Manual and Warranty Book
- Insert for Tourist vehicles (clarifying your responsibilities in Europe)
- International Registration booklet
- Yellow and green Proof of Insurance Card
- Porsche Assistance (for personal insurance and various traveler’s aids, valid up to three months)
- Porsche Centre Guide Booklet listing Porsche Authorized Porsche Centres of Europe
- Export Documentation (essential for proving exportation)
- Return Shipment Voucher (for return shipment of your Porsche to North America)
Carry these documents with you in the car at all times during your trip.